16 Mar CIIF MARKET 2021 WILL BE HELD LOADED WITH GREAT NEWS IN A HYBRID FORMAT
A maximum of 12 European and/or international film and/or audiovisual projects will be selected to be presented in pitching sessions before national and international experts and will be eligible for outstanding awards aimed for international dissemination.
The objective of CIIF Market is to promote networking between film production companies, TV networks, distributors, as well as, other industry agents to promote the coproduction of projects aimed for the European and international markets.
PITCHING SESSIONS, LECTURES, MEETINGS AND LOCATION TOURS
Amongst CIIF Market 2021 good news are the projects pitching sessions. Delegates will pitch to experts attending the market (if the development of the pandemic allows it) and via streaming to international experts, who will be able to connect live to follow the presentations and take part in the subsequent Q&A sessions.
Thus, producers, platforms, channels, distributors and festival programmers from other countries who will not be able to attend due to the situation, will actively participate virtually.
Participants will have a personalized agenda of meetings and activities with invited key producers and potential investors to coproduce their projects or adapt their literary works. Also, they will attend a series of conferences and lectures, either in person or online if strictly necessary for the evolution of the Covid.19 pandemic. Projects are also eligible for a series of awards aimed to access the international marketplace.
Finally, the programme also includes location tours to show the islands to new producers interested in filming in the Canary Islands and the use of technology to continue with their productions.
CIIF MARKET AWARDS FOR INTERNATIONAL DISSEMINATION OF THE AUDIOVISUAL AND CINEMATOGRAPHIC PRODUCTIONS
CIIF Market 2021 adds two new awards this year, one created through the new collaboration agreement with MAFIZ, and a new one for the literary work with the greatest possibilities of being adapted, increasing to seven the number of awards (with eight winners) that will be granted to promote the development and internationalization of film productions:
– CIIF Market Award to the project with the greatest international appeal, with a 1,200 euros grant to attend an international market of their choice.
– Canary Islands Film Award to the best Canary project, which will award the winners with a travel bag to attend a key international market.
– Filmarket Hub Award, consisting of one year free registration on this renown platform, thus facilitating access to the most important companies in the audiovisual sector and financing funds in search of projects.
– Macaronesia Films Award to the project with international potential, consisting of financial and legal advisory services (project finance) regarding tax incentives in the Canary Islands.
– Music Library & SFX Award, the winning project will have a flat rate limited to one free production, which will allow the synchronization of production music from the Music Library & SFX catalogs.
– MAFIZ Award (Malaga Festival Industry Zone), two projects will be awarded with free accreditation to access the entire MAFIZ database, activities, key notes, lectures, events and masterclass.
– Award for the Literary Work with the greatest potential and viability to be adapted to film, television or digital platforms.
ABOUT CIIF MARKET
CIIF MARKET was born 18 years ago with the objective of becoming a meeting point for European producers, distributors and investors, with the aim of promoting the international coproduction of feature films, documentaries and television series aimed for the global market.
Facts & figures of last editions guarantee its success: around 300 professionals, 150 companies and 90 projects from 15 countries; more than thirty feature films that began their journey at CIIF Market have been produced, with global investment figures exceeding 70 million euros.
The 17th edition of the Canary Islands International Film Market will continue to promote the audiovisual sector and will continue its path as an important network of contacts and a useful tool for participating projects, facilitating access to and knowledge of the different financing channels and the search for international coproducers, reinforcing networking among companies.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.