CIIF Market 2019 will bring together film producers, television channels, distributors, as well as other industry agents in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, with the aim of becoming a meeting point and business space to promote the co-production of projects for the market European and international.
Participants will have the opportunity to have a personalized schedule of meetings with invited professionals and potential investors to co-produce their projects or adapt their literary works, as well as attend different presentations, workshops and colloquiums. Likewise, they will be able to opt for various prizes for their promotion abroad:
- CIIF Market Award for the project with the greatest international projection, with an amount of 1,200 euros that must be used to go to an international market of your choice.
- Canarias Cultura en Red Award for the best Canarian project, which will reward the winner with a travel grant to attend a sectoral market with international projection.
- Filmarket Hub Award, consisting of a free one-year subscription to the online market platform, which will facilitate access to the most important companies in the audiovisual sector and financing funds.
- Macaronesia Films Award for the project with the greatest international potential, which includes financial and legal advisory services regarding tax incentives in the Canary Islands.
- Music Library & SFX Award, through which the winning project will have a free flat rate limited to one production, which will allow the synchronization of production music from the Music Library & SFX catalogs in the content of the project.
More than 170 professionals, 110 companies and 70 projects from 12 countries have participated in the latest editions of the market. Some thirty feature films produced, with global investment figures that exceed 65 million euros and which began their journey at the CIIF Market, guarantee its success.
CIIF Market is organized by Festeam Comunicación y Eventos SL, sponsored by the Government of the Canary Islands, through Canarias Cultura en Red and PROEXCA; Cabildo de Tenerife, through the Film Commission of Tourism of Tenerife; City Council of Santa Cruz de Tenerife; Sociedad de Desarrollo de Santa Cruz de Tenerife and the collaboration of Atresmedia Cine, Macaronesia Films, Filmarket Hub, Clúster Audiovisual de Canarias, Music Library & SFX, Rahn Mercedes Benz, ZEC (Zona Especial Canarias), Hotel Occidental Santa Cruz Contemporáneo and Hotel Iberostar Heritage Grand Mencey.